Intro to Truework
Truework automates your verifications of income and employment. This means that you, as an employee, can call the shots on what gets shared with third-party verifiers and when.
Truework can safely and securely verify the information of anyone in the US. Here's how:
- Your employer uses Truework:
- Your employer has contracted Truework to verify income and employment on their behalf. You can learn more here: My Employer uses Truework.
- Your HRIS system is partnered with Truework:
- Truework partners with different HRIS systems to automate verifications of income and employment. You can learn more here: Payroll Partnerships.
- Truework Credentials:
- Truework Credentials lets you log into your payroll provider to share verified income and employment data with authorized third parties, such as lenders. You can learn how it works here: What is the process to complete a verification?
- Truework Smart Outreach:
- Truework will contact your employer's HR team to verify your information if required.
What is a verification of income (VOI) and employment (VOE)?
There are several instances where you may need a VOE or a VOI. In all of these instances, the process involves a third party that needs to confirm your income and employment background. Some examples include:
- When you are applying for a mortgage
- When you are applying for a loan
- An application for credit
- A background check for a new job
Check out this article for more information on what is included in a Truework income and employment verification.
How does Truework automate VOEs and VOIs?
The following scenario outlines how and when you can expect Truework to complete a verification of income and employment for you:
- You are buying your first house and need to apply for a mortgage. So, you reach out to the bank and are assigned a mortgage lender who is responsible for approving your application. To provide your employment information to the lender, who must now confirm that what you share is correct.
- Your mortgage lender submits a VOE or VOI request to truework.com to confirm your employment information.
- Truework reviews the request for authenticity and will let you, the employee, know that a request has been made.
- You will receive the email and have an opportunity to review the employment information Truework has shared with the verifier.