Truework supports setting up two-factor authentication (2FA) for accounts that use a username and password to sign in. Two-factor authentication is a good way to help keep your account safe, which can make your account more resistant to a stolen password being used to access it.
Currently, Truework only supports SMS-based 2FA. If you're interested in alternative methods of 2FA, such as TOTP or FIDO2 (Passkeys), please reach out and let us know.
Setting Up SMS 2FA
Setting up SMS 2FA is pretty simple. In order to use it, you'll need a cell phone number that can receive SMS messages.
- Login to your Truework account at app.truework.com
- Click "Account" in the menu bar to load your account settings
- Under "Account" there should be an option called "Two-Factor Authentication" and a button that says "Set up"
- Click "Set Up" and enter your phone number.
- Once you've entered your phone number, click next. Clicking next will trigger a security code to be sent to you via SMS.
- Enter the security code from your text message into the form on your screen and hit "Next"
- On the next screen, you are given a button to download your recovery codes. These recovery codes are vital to get into your account if you ever lose access to your phone number. Please download them and keep them in a safe place.
- Once you've downloaded your recovery codes, you've successfully enrolled in two-factor authentication! Congratulations on taking this extra step to keep your data secure!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does enabling two-factor authentication break my API keys?
No! API keys do not require two-factor authentication to access the Truework API.
Does enabling two-factor authentication interfere with using Encompass?
No! Encompass can still be used after you've enabled two-factor authentication.