- If you are verifying someone's employment, click here to learn about Truework: Truework 101 for Verifiers
- If you are in HR, click here to learn about Truework: Streamline Employment Verifications
Intro to Truework
Truework automates your verifications of income and employment. This means that you, as an employee, can call the shots on what gets shared with third-party verifiers and when.
Truework can safely and securely verify the information of anyone in the US. Here's how:
- Your employer uses Truework:
- Your employer has contracted Truework to verify income and employment on their behalf. You can learn more here: My Employer uses Truework.
- Your HRIS system is partnered with Truework:
- Truework partners with different HRIS systems to automate verifications of income and employment. You can learn more here: Payroll Partnerships.
- Truework Credentials:
- Truework Credentials lets you log into your payroll provider to share verified income and employment data with authorized third parties, such as lenders. You can learn how it works here: What is the process to complete a verification?
- Truework Smart Outreach:
- Truework will contact your employer's HR team to verify your information if required.
What is a verification of income (VOI) and employment (VOE)?
There are several instances where you may need a VOE or a VOI. In all of these instances, the process involves a third party that needs to confirm your income and employment background. Some examples include:
- When you are applying for a mortgage
- When you are applying for a loan
- An application for credit
- A background check for a new job
How does Truework automate VOEs and VOIs?
The following scenario outlines how and when you can expect Truework to complete a verification of income and employment for you:
- You are buying your first house and need to apply for a mortgage. So, you reach out to the bank and are assigned a mortgage lender who is responsible for approving your application. To provide your employment information to the lender, who must now confirm that what you share is correct.
- Your mortgage lender submits a VOE or VOI request to truework.com to confirm your employment information.
- Truework reviews the request for authenticity and will let you, the employee, know that a request has been made.
- You will receive the email and have an opportunity to review the employment information Truework has shared with the verifier.
Please sign in to leave a comment.