Truework OneLogin SSO (SAML)
- As a OneLogin admin, go to the Administration panel:
- Go to the Applications tab:
- Click “Add App” in the top right corner
- Search “SAML Custom Connector” in the search box
- Choose “SAML Custom Connector (Advanced)”, published by OneLogin, Inc.
- Note: There are many SAML connectors, make sure you choose this one
6. Give your app a name, we recommend simply calling it “Truework”
7. Click “Save” in the upper right corner
8. On the left-hand side of the screen, you should see a menu with different options, including “Configuration”. Click “Configuration”.
9. In a new tab, go to https://app.truework.com and login to the account that owns the team you’re setting SSO up for.
10. Once logged in, click the “Settings” menu item on the left hand side and scroll down to where it says “SAML (Single Sign-On)”.
11. Copy the following fields FROM Truework TO OneLogin
- “Entity ID” from Truework and paste it into the OneLogin field titled “Audience (EntityID)”
- “ACS” url from Truework and paste it into the OneLogin field titled “ACS (Consumer) URL Validator*”
- “ACS” url from Truework and paste it into the OneLogin field titled “ACS (Consumer) URL*”
12. On the left-hand side of the OneLogin screen, you should see a menu with different options, including “Parameters”. Click “Parameters”.
13. Add two custom parameters, one called firstName and one called lastName. Map them to the corresponding “First Name” and “Last Name” fields in OneLogin.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These custom parameters are currently required to be set and non-null values for all users. Users who do not have this value set will not be able to login to Truework successfully.
14. On the left-hand side of the OneLogin screen, you should see a menu with different options, including “SSO”. Click “SSO”.
15. Copy the following fields FROM OneLogin TO Truework:
- “Issuer URL” from OneLogin to the Truework field titled “Entity ID”
- “SAML 2.0 Endpoint (HTTP)” from OneLogin to the Truework field titled “Single Sign-On URL”
16. The final field that Truework requires is the “x509 Certificate” field. This is found in OneLogin by clicking the “View Details” button underneath X.509 Certificate on the OneLogin SSO page.
17. Once you click View Details, you’ll see the details of the certificate on a new page. You can click the “Copy to clipboard” button to the left of the certificate and then paste it into Truework’s “x509 Certificate” field.
18. Once you’ve got it all pasted in, it should look like this:
19. Before clicking “Save”, make sure that you’ve assigned yourself the application in OneLogin.