After you submit a request, we first have to review your document and permissible purpose to make sure you have an approved reason to access the verification information. Additionally, if this is your first request, we will also need to verify some information about your company, and the email address you used to sign up. Truework goes above and beyond some other providers to safeguard employee privacy, so please be patient with us as we review your request.
After your verification is approved by our team, we return the information in a couple of different ways:
- We have a growing number of customers integrated directly into our platform. In these cases we send a unique link to the employee contact we have on file and ask them to review and approve the information release. This added step helps protect employee privacy, and is usually completed very quickly. We send several followups if the employee does not respond. This process typically takes about 2 hours.
- For some companies, we go directly to the HR department to ask for the verified information. This can take time, as not all HR departments respond to these inquiries in a prompt manner. However, we follow up multiple times a day with each contact we have on file until we get the information we need returned. You can follow along with our progress by clicking into the request and viewing the status updates. This process typically takes 24-48 hours, but we will give you a more specific ETA when you submit your request.
- For others, we go through other third party providers and request reports directly through them. If we need income information, we will sometimes need a “salary key”, “verifier pin”, or something similar from the person we are verifying in order to unlock their income information. This is something the employer has opted into and is required.
In order to streamline this process, we have a few tips below to help us get requests completed for you faster.
- Make sure there is a borrower's authorization signed within the last 90 days uploaded when the request is submitted. If there is no authorization, we are unable to begin processing the request and will have to contact you in order to obtain it.
- Make sure you have a company domain email entered for you, along with an email for the person we are verifying.
- Check your email and dashboard for status updates. We will always notify you if there is something we need from the person we are verifying, such as a branch location or salary key.